November 2011 celebrity quotes

by umer | 5:42 AM in |

November 2011 celebrity quotes
November 2011 celebrity quotes, The, nation was shocked by a college football scandal and uplifted by a congresswoman's survival story. The Republican presidential debates kept coming, while President Barack Obama's health care law reached a major milestone. As always, Hollywood saw its share of gossip — from an Oscars shakeup to a teen pop star's paternity suit. Read through to discover the most quotable quotes of November.

Penn State scandal
"I shouldn't have showered with those kids."

Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky spoke publicly for the first time  after being charged with sexually abusing several young boys.
Billy Crystal


"Am doing the Oscars so the young woman in the pharmacy will stop asking my name when I pick up my prescriptions. Looking forward to the show."

The "When Harry Met Sally" actor used his Twitter account to comment on his ninth hosting gig after the show's original host dropped out. Why?
Judge beats daughter on video


"I just wanted somebody to see it and tell me, 'No, Hillary, this wasn't right.'"

A 23-year-old Texas woman posted a YouTube video of her father, a family law judge, using a belt to discipline her when she was 16.
Andy Rooney
"Andy always said he wanted to work until the day he died, and he managed to do it, save the last few weeks in the hospital."

Fellow "60 Minutes" correspondent Steve Kroft remembered his former co-worker, who died at 92.
Dr. Conrad Murray
"I don't feel guilty because I did not do anything wrong. I am very, very sorry for the loss of Michael. Michael was a personal friend."

Michael Jackson's former doctor gave an interview shortly before he was convicted in connection with the singer's death. How much time could he get?
Justin Bieber
"I'd just like to say basically that none of those allegations are true. I know I'm going to be a target, but I'm never going to be a victim."

The "Baby" singer defended himself against a paternity suit , which was later dropped.
Herman Cain
"I have never acted inappropriately with anyone. Period."

The Republican candidate denied sexual harassment allegations by several women while he was head of the National Restaurant Association.
Gabrielle Giffords
"Gabby Giffords is too tough to let this beat her."

The U.S. representative's husband, Mark Kelly, spoke of his wife's progress in their first joint interview  since she and 18 other people were shot at a 2010 community event. How many died?
North Carolina sterilization program
"I have to carry these scars with me. I have to live with this for the rest of my life."

Elaine Riddick is speaking out about being sterilized as part of a North Carolina program when she was only a teenager. What is the state doing about it?
Occupy Wall Street
"Protesters have had two months to occupy the park with tents and sleeping bags. Now they will have to occupy the space with the power of their arguments."

New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg responded to a judge's ruling that camping would not be allowed in Zuccotti Park after police removed the protesters and all their belongings.
Kim Kardashian divorce
"First and foremost, I married for love. I can't believe I even have to defend this. I would not have spent so much time on something just for a TV show!"

The reality-TV star defended her decision to end her marriage to NBA player Kris Humphries after just 72 days. What did he say about it?
Joe Frazier
''Tell them Rocky was not a champion. Joe Frazier was.''

The Rev. Jesse Jackson spoke at the late boxing legend's memorial service held in his adopted hometown. Who else was there?
'Sesame Street' seeks original Gordon
"Sesame Workshop has a problem, and we need your help: We lost Gordon."

The "Sesame Street" folks took to their website for help in finding the man who played Gordon in its 1969 unaired test pilot episode.
Gov. Rick Perry debate gaffe
"Oops."

Republican presidential candidate and Texas governor Rick Perry had trouble remembering which three government agencies he would eliminate if elected. Watch the video.
Bank of America drops debit card fee
"Our customers' voices are most important to us. As a result, we are not currently charging the fee and will not be moving forward with any additional plans to do so."

The bank's co-chief operating officer announced plans to drop its controversial debit card fee (how much was it?) after a customer backlash, including an online petition started by a 22-year-old.
NBA lockout
"We're about to go into the nuclear winter of the NBA."

NBA Commissioner David Stern predicted a bleak future for the season after the players' union dissolved itself and players began filing antitrust lawsuits.
Affordable Care Act heads to Supreme Court
"We know the Affordable Care Act is constitutional and are confident the Supreme Court will agree."

The White House communications director was optimistic about the chances of President Barack Obama's health care plan being upheld in the nation's highest court.
Scott Olsen
"Thank you for all your support, it has meant the world to me. You'll be hearing more from me in the near future, and soon enough we'll see you in our streets!"

Iraq War vet Scott Olsen communicated publicly for the first time in an online statement after being seriously injured during an Occupy Oakland protest.
Wilson Ramos
"Venezuela is my home, and I think the fans that have supported me and prayed for me deserve to see me play again. I have to show the appreciation for what everyone in my country has done for me."

The Washington Nationals catcher vowed to play in his home country despite being kidnapped and held for two days before being rescued. How many people have been charged?